Thursday, February 25, 2010

Seoul Mishap

Got into Seoul last night - flight landed at 9pm. Got into the last city-bound bus at 1030pm. Got into the city at 1113pm. Hopped into the cab for what is meant to be a 5-minute ride. I eventually got to the hotel past 1am.

The hotel was difficult to find, I admit. But the funniest thing is that I can't speak Korean, the driver knew that, yet he kept speaking Korean to me. Half the time I think he's screaming at me to get out of the cab - so I wasn't sure if I should get out of the cab or stay in. It was just so hilarious.

In the end the bill came to KRW 5,000. I was going to give him KRW6,000 but he refused. I thought he might have wanted more. He kept speaking to me again so I had to call up a friend to translate - in fact he wanted to apologize and just take the base fare! So he returned me KRW2,000, and said in a strong voice "I am Sorry!".

Maybe everyone just yells here.

No comments:

Post a Comment