Sunday, March 21, 2010

Tokyo

There is something seductive about big cities. Tokyo would have seduced and left you wanting for more. This place is at a whole different level to any big cities I have been to. I absolutely love it. I almost feel at home here.

Wedding procession in Meiji Shrine


Grease lightning dancers in Yoyogi Park


A red cadillac with the old Olympic Stadium in the background


An old man takes candid photo of himself with a Harajuku girl whilst another watches on


Ginza or "man's world" at night


The absolutely heaving Shinjuku station


Tokyo skyline from the top of Sumitomo Building


Modern Art in West Shinjuku


Skyscrapers and nothing else in West Shinjuku - marked contrast from East

East Shinjuku all dressed up and ready to play at night




2 comments:

  1. After following you through your journey, we are much tempted to visit Japan again. Haven't been there for years, and the last time, I went to Kyoto, I had this Japanese friend who drove me around in his van. Even then, I enjoyed the scenery a lot, especially visits to temples. By the way, at some of these temples, they claimed that you will get rich if you drink the water flowing from the springs. We all drank a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you drink the water Sue ? No wonder Uncle Lau is so rich. I think we had better made a trip there to drink the spring water.

    mom

    ReplyDelete